2019 Legislative Conference
Under the theme “Leveraging State and Local Solutions to Help Students and Families,” the conference will focus on the important work that NCHER members are doing to help students and families at the state, local, and federal levels. It also includes the following:
- A keynote address on how to build an effective message that appeals to both Democrats and Republicans in Congress, the Administration, and the higher education community.
- Members of the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate have been invited to speak about their priorities for the upcoming reauthorization of the Higher Education Act.
- Important sessions on the impact of federal developments on the higher education finance industry; new ideas and new research around higher education; the school community’s ideas for reauthorization; and recent court proceedings and their impact on the U.S. Department’s regulatory agenda.
- Vital updates from the Department of Education, Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection, and state policymakers.
- A Congressional staff panel where House and Senate staff will discuss the priorities of the Democratic and Republican leadership in the 116th Congress.
- Ample time for meetings on Capitol Hill, including a House and Senate student loan industry question and answer session where staff can ask candid questions to NCHER member experts to better understand those issues facing students and families.
Conference Fees ▼
Use coupon code: 2019ebd
You must be logged in to register online and receive member pricing. If you are not an NCHER member, please contact Stefanie Gramm firstname.lastname@example.org to register. Payments: NCHER registration fees must be paid prior to attending the meeting. Should the registration fee remain unpaid 30 days after the meeting concludes, a 2% per month late fee will assessed.
Event FAQ ▼
The NCHER group room rate is $225 per room, per night, single or double occupancy. The NCHER discounted rate will be available until the group reservation cut off date or the room block is full whichever comes first. Please make your hotel reservations as soon as possible.
Attendees may telephone the Reservation Department by calling (202) 862-1600. Reference must be given to NCHER to assure the group rate. All reservations must be guaranteed for arrival with a major credit card and/or a first room night deposit.
Online Reservations: https://book.passkey.com/go/NCHER2019
The hotel will accept reservations until the cut-off date of January 25, 2019. After that date all rooms remaining in the group block will be returned to the hotel’s general inventory for sale to other groups and individuals.
A 24-hour cancellation notice is required to refund any deposits received except for persons with medical emergencies.
CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT TIMES
Check-in time at the hotel is 4:00 p.m. Check-out time is 12:00 p.m.
Dress is business. The average temperature in February is 47/27 degrees.
AIR TRAVEL / GROUND TRANSPORTATION (Fares quoted are approximate)
Taxi Fare from Reagan National Airport: $15 – 20 (5 miles)
All cancellations must be in writing to the NCHER office and addressed to email@example.com. Cancellation fees will be assessed for both prepaid and non-prepaid registrations. Registrations cancelled prior to December 21, 2018, will receive a full refund minus a $75 administrative fee. Registrations cancelled between December 22, 2018 and January 14, 2019, will receive 50% refund minus a $75 administrative fee. Registrations cancelled after January 14, 2019, will not receive a refund. Registrations may be transferred to another registrant from your organization within the same conference at any time. Please note that registrations fees from prior conferences/conventions for your organization will be deducted from any refunds. Refunds will be processed 30 days after the conference.