Comment Templates, Style Guide and Instructions
Use these templates and guide to assist in providing comments on forms to the NCHER Forms Workgroup.
Common Forms Style Guide
This guide standardizes forms language and conventions to create an overarching awareness that common forms should use common language.
The file libraries below contain the current versions of forms used in the higher education loan programs. Current forms used in the federal student loan programs are posted in the FSA Forms Library on StudentAid.gov. Electronic Announcements are no longer issued by FSA. If the most recent version of a form is not yet posted by FSA, loan holders, servicers and guarantors may continue distributing and processing prior version of the form until the new version has been approved and posted. NCHER will make a good faith effort to get the latest versions of all forms posted below as they are publicly available.
Current Forms include the following categories, organized by these folders below:
- Deferment and Forbearance Request Forms
- FFEL Program / Direct Loan Program Loan Discharge and Loan Forgiveness Forms
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Related Worksheets
- Private Education Loan Forms
- Other FFEL Program and Direct Loan Program Forms