2021 Legislative & Leadership Conference – (Virtual)
This popular conference will be held just two weeks after the new Biden-Harris Administration takes office and a month after the new 117th Congress is seated, and is the first opportunity to hear about federal and state developments impacting your company and the higher education finance industry.
The conference committee has been hard at work putting together the draft program agenda, which will provide important and timely sessions on the political and policy environment in Congress and the new administration. It will also include a roundtable and sessions to highlight new ideas and approaches for improving postsecondary education for students and their families to enhance the conference experience for many of our attendees and emerging leaders. There will also be time in the program to virtually meet with your Congressional delegation, including returning and new members on the House and Senate Education Committees, on your advocacy priorities for inclusion in the upcoming reauthorization of the Higher Education Act.; NCHER can help facilitate these meetings so that they are the most impactful.
The current draft agenda includes:
- A timely and important session that will look at emerging higher education issues in the new Biden Administration and what the membership can expect in the first 100 days, such as new leadership at the U.S. Department of Education and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and a possible executive order on federal student loan forgiveness.
- An examination of major legislative proposals around free college and bankruptcy reform, the impact of several proposals on the membership, and whether there is a path forward for both issues in the 117th Congress.
- Keynote addresses by members of the U.S. House Education and Labor Committee and U.S. Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee who will be invited to speak about their ideas for the upcoming reauthorization of the Higher Education Act.
- A Congressional staff panel where House and Senate staff will discuss the priorities of the Democratic and Republican leadership in the 117th Congress, and a Congressional staff briefing where NCHER members will discuss how they are assisting struggling borrowers impacted by the economic fallout associated with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- A session on state leadership in realigning the higher education system with today’s workforce and a discussion on how to properly rebrand your organization and the services provided to students and families so you are better positioned for success in the future.
- A pre-conference roundtable on strengthening diversity, equity, and inclusion at your organization and in the higher education finance industry.
As you can see, this is a ‘can’t-miss’ event for the NCHER membership!
Conference Fees ▼
You must be logged in to register online and receive member pricing. If you are not an NCHER member, please contact Stefanie Gramm firstname.lastname@example.org to register. Payments: NCHER registration fees must be paid prior to attending the meeting or you will not be issued credentials to attend.
Event FAQ ▼
CONFERENCE FEES UNLIMITED REGISTRANT ACCESS LEVEL
Unlimited paid registrants allows the paying organization to have unlimited company access to the virtual series. Please email email@example.com for registration details.
Members NOT taking advantage of the Unlimited Registration option, please login to the NCHER website with your assigned username and password. This will ensure you receive the discounted member rate. Once logged in please follow the registration prompts until your registration has been confirmed. Non-members should simply just click the register today button below and follow the registration prompts.
For organizations taking advantage of the Unlimited Option, please contact Stefanie Gramm (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request the option and receive an organization invoice. Then complete the Unlimited Registration Template with the employees you would like registered. Registration names not provided in the template will not be registered.
Dress is remote casual.
No refunds will be made after the event has begun.