2019 Annual Conference
The program, which uses the theme, “Navigating the Crossroads while Identifying New Opportunities,” is dynamic and forward-thinking and will provide all the information you’ll need to do your job effectively – whether you’re a Chief Executive Officer or in Program Operations, part of the federal legacy program or hoping to be a new third-party servicer or private education loan provider. Building on last year’s successful event, we hope that this year’s conference will serve as the largest and most compelling gathering of educational leaders in the higher education finance industry. Don’t miss this great opportunity to learn and network with your colleagues!
The NCHER Annual Conference will include:
- Key updates on what’s happening at the federal and state levels impacting higher education finance, from Congressional action to reauthorize the Higher Education Act to state student loan licensing laws to the U.S. Department of Education’s Next Generation Financial Services Environment.
- General sessions that will examine federal and state consumer privacy efforts, share new approaches to college access and completion, provide an opportunity to ask industry experts relevant questions about current and anticipated legal developments, and discuss the latest research from the Federal Reserve and recommendations for improvements in student loan policy.
- 11 concurrent sessions that will cover current and emerging trends in student loan repayment, rehabilitation, collections, and private education loans; examine innovative models and technology to assist private loan borrowers; reimagine the state role in higher education; discuss Federal Student Aid’s effort to modernize the federal financial aid system; provide an update on replacing LIBOR; and discuss best practices to support student and parent borrowers. Three of the sessions are geared toward professional development, focused on highlighting successful employee retention and development efforts, designing effective leadership succession, and using data to tell your organization’s story.
- An annual membership meeting where conference attendees will hear from the NCHER Board Chair, Treasurer, and President on the organization’s advocacy, communications, and research strategies.
- A pre-conference Leadership Roundtable, which is being formed for executive-level staff to network, discuss, strategize, and learn about important issues in a small-group setting with peers in the industry.
- Time on your own so that you participate in beach yoga, get your morning run in along Clearwater Beach, or simply walk along the beach that has been voted as “Best Beach” in 2019 by TripAdvisor.
- A reception honoring the industry’s leaders – overlooking the beautiful white sandy beach!
- And much, much more.
Beach Activity Registration
NCHER is pleased to offer three outdoor beach exercise activities for its membership during the 2nd Annual Conference, June 3 – 5, 2019 at the Hyatt Beach Resort and Spa, in Clearwater Beach, Florida. Please select the activity or activities that you would like to participate in and send the completed Beach Activity Registration Form to Stefanie Gramm, email@example.com by Friday, May 24,2019.
Please note that pre-registration is required for all three activities, and each registrant is required to sign a waiver of liability release prior to participation. If you have any questions, please let us know. Let’s enjoy the beach together!
Conference Fees ▼
Use coupon code: 2019ebrd
You must be logged in to register online and receive member pricing. If you are not an NCHER member, please contact Stefanie Gramm firstname.lastname@example.org to register. Payments: NCHER registration fees must be paid prior to attending the meeting. Should the registration fee remain unpaid 30 days after the meeting concludes, a 2% per month late fee will assessed.
Event FAQ ▼
The NCHER group room rate is $209 per room, per night, single or double occupancy. The NCHER discounted rate will be available until the group reservation cut off date or the room block is full whichever comes first. Please make your hotel reservations as soon as possible.
Attendees may telephone the Reservation Department by calling (727) 373-1234. Reference must be given to NCHER to assure the group rate. All reservations must be guaranteed for arrival with a major credit card and/or a first room night deposit.
Online Reservations – To make reservations online, visit Hyatt Clearwater Beach Resort and Spa: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/group-booking/PIERC/G-NCHE
The hotel will accept reservations until the cut-off date of May 15, 2019. After that date all rooms remaining in the group block will be returned to the hotel’s general inventory for sale to other groups and individuals.
A 72-hour cancellation notice is required to refund any deposits received except for persons with medical emergencies.
CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT TIMES
Check-in time at the hotel is 4:00 p.m. Check-out time is 11:00 a.m.
Dress is business casual. The average temperature in June is 88/69 degrees.
AIR TRAVEL / GROUND TRANSPORTATION (Fares quoted are approximate)
Taxi Fare from Tampa Airport: $30 – 40 (12 miles)
All cancellations must be in writing to the NCHER office and addressed to email@example.com. Cancellation fees will be assessed for both prepaid and non-prepaid registrations. Registrations cancelled prior to April 29, 2019, will receive a full refund minus a $75 administrative fee. Registrations cancelled between April 30, 2019, and May 13, 2019, will receive 50% refund minus a $75 administrative fee. Registrations cancelled after May 13, 2019, will not receive a refund. Registrations may be transferred to another registrant from your organization within the same conference at any time. Please note that registrations fees from prior conferences/conventions for your organization will be deducted from any refunds. Refunds will be processed 30 days after the conference.